Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Rough Day...

It was a rough day for my little guy today. As part of Landon's therapy he had to get botox in his right arm and hand. They don't give any numbing/pain medicine for this procedure, so I was a little nervous taking Landon in. It was his first time, but probably not his last.

We were sitting in our room waiting and in walks the doctor.

Landon took one look at Dr Smith and the poor little guy started crying. It was as if he knew exactly what would happen next. I had to hold Landon down while the doctor injected him in 5 different places of his muscles. I felt horrible! He was pleading with the doctor with tears in his eyes, "No...No...No...stop" as he shook his head. It was heart wrenching!

Before he realized what was going on...
After....his rough day
Let's just hope that the botox benefits him enough to make it worth it.

7 comments:

Sissy Jackson said...

Julie, Im so sorry. Breaks my heart. Im about ready to cry myself. With that great head of hair that he has...so darn cute. Poor little man. Its tuff but worth it right?

Harmony said...

I hate shots! Poor guy. We had to do injections with P. at one point and I had to leave the room because I started crying.

Chance and Emily said...

Aww, poor little guy. I hope he bounced back quickly for ya. They normally do.

P.S. His hair is soooooo awesome!!! It makes me miss Noah's hair so much :(

Marie said...

Poor guy :( Hope it is doing what it needs to. He is such a cutie, where does he get his curls?

Sarah said...

Poor little guy!! He looked adorable though, smiling on the bed!

Amanda Goldsmith said...

Oh Dear! His little face and his curls are so sweet. You must have cried seeing him in pain. What an amazing little boy and amazing Mom!

Lori said...

What a good little mama you are. I'm excited to hear that Landon got some Botox. You will have to let me know if you think it really makes a difference. Looks like he's wearing his Benik splint too. Bonus points again for mom:) Keep up the good work.