Sunday, June 20, 2010

A trip to the ZOO...

I know, I know...your thinking why do I need a trip to the zoo when I live in one!
However, yesterday I decided to take the boys to the North Carolina Zoo.
We left Evan at home to enjoy his day, with special instructions..."absolutely no studying." Relax, play video games, whatever you want, just don't pick up your books.
(a special fathers day gift, a day for him and him alone).

The boys and I completely enjoyed ourselves.
We used to spend a lot of time at the Salt Lake City Zoo when we lived in Utah and we all agree we miss having a zoo so close that we could walk there.


Braxton loved seeing everything, but toward the end of our day he was having a hard time and didn't feel well. (He had been feeling so well, I thought he would be okay,
but I guess it was too much walking).


Ethan was set on seeing the chimps.
As soon as we set a foot in the zoo he was saying "Mom lets go see the chimps first."
We missed them the first time through, but caught them on our way back.


Kaden said he loves seeing ALL the animals and playing on the playground.


Landon loved the turtles (I don't know where he gets that from, lol)!
He hated the sea lions, every time they swam toward him he started to cry.


As you can tell he doesn't like sitting on the animals either, they terrify him.

4 comments:

Kim H. said...

Looks like fun. I miss the Salt Lake Zoo as well. Hope Brax is feeling better!

jenny said...

Totally makes me miss the zoo...and you!

Sarah said...

You are definitely the BEST mom ever for taking 4 kids to the zoo by YOURSELF! Glad you guys had so much fun!

Mandee said...

Sounds like you had a good time. Clint and I promised the girls that we would go to the Salt lake one but we haven't quiet made it. Tell the boys HI for me and a great big hug and kiss. Love and miss all of you.