Sunday, September 21, 2008

A Pirates life for me....

Shiver me timber...yesterday we celebrated Kaden's 3rd Birthday with a pirate theme. He hasn't made too many new friends here yet so we celebrated as a family.

We started out by making him a pirate ship birthday cake...per his request. I was a little reluctant since I had never done one before, but I thought why not. I let Kaden help me mix the batter & before a minute had passed he was sticking his finger in the batter & sucking it off. When we finished mixing it he decided he could get alot more by licking the mixer attatchment, so that's what he did. He would giggle everytime he licked it which would make me giggle. So at that very moment I though to myself, if this cake doesn't turn out at all, it doesn't matter, it was worth every minute of it.





The cake, Not too bad...






Then it was time for lunch. Kaden chose to go to CiCi's Pizza.






Let's get the party started....









We put on eye patches, painted our faces, had a treasure hunt, & had alot of fun acting like pirates. It was a sucess. Kaden & the boys really enjoyed themselves. (Okay & maybe me & Evan, too)



Kaden was so excited the whole day. He is so glad to be turning 3 tomorrow, but as for me I'd like to bottle him up & keep him small for a little while longer.

9 comments:

The Gentry's said...

That is so much fun! The joys of boys, you would never get to do that with all girls! :)

Harmony said...

I can't believe he's 3 already! Isn't cooking with kids fun??

Mandee said...

The boys looked like they had a blast!

Kayla said...

holy smokes, i can't belive you have 4 boys!! we remember braxton and vaugely ethan... but 4, wow. your cake turned out way cute, we love to make fun cakes too. anywho just wanted to say hello, i hope you like north carolina - we were in maryland a few months ago & hear that the carolinas are even more beautiful.

Kim H. said...

He is so cute, love it!

Beckey said...

Julie! I saw your blog on Josh's. Your boys are so cute! Hope things are going great in NC. It's kind of hard being away but it gets easier over time! I'll add you to my link list if that's okay!

Family said...

What a fun party, you know I love me a good pirate celebration.(argh) Tell Ethan that Erin says Hi.

Stacie said...

Your cake looks darling! How cute, you are very creative!!

Sheffers said...

So much fun! Way to go on the cake, it looks gggrrrreat! I totaly love your blog, you do a great job at it. I love the picture with all the mustaches, especially the babys mustache!