Monday, September 20, 2010

chicken pox + lego's

Good news NO SCHOOL for a week.
Bad news lots of ITCHING & CHICKEN POX.
Braxton has the chicken pox even though he has all his immunizations.

********

Kaden turns 5 on Wednesday, so we celebrated yesterday.
Even though Kaden knew we would be celebrating his birthday, he insisted on having a surprise party, so Evan took him for a little walk around the block and came back in.
**SURPRISE**
We all jumped out.
(Me, the boys, and my parents...no one else could come since Braxton had chicken pox)

For his cake, I made several little lego brownie bites and put them in the shape of a 5.
We built the CITY OF KADEN out of lego candies.
He received lots of NEW LEGO'S and couldn't have been happier.
He has played day & night with them since he got them.

5 comments:

Harmony said...

Cute idea for a cake! I can't believe he's five! I guess we haven't seen each other in ages!

jenny said...

Oh my holy cute cake...what a great idea! I'm pretty sure you're the best mom out there. And, I can't believe he is 5. Aren't Ethan and Collin turning 5?!

Kim H. said...

Poor Brax...G. has some wierd rash right now too. Hope he feels better soon!

Mandee said...

I can't believe that Braxton got the Chicken Pox. That is just crazy.
Kaden is 5! Where does the time go? That means him and Kassidee will start the big K next fall. Then one more kid to go after that.
Life is a little crazy lately but I'm managing. Kassidee is getting evaluate for speech on Friday. I hope it goes good.
Love and miss you all. xoxoxoxoxo

Julie in the studio said...

I am totally in love with Kaden's birthday story! That going to be one of the sweetest little memories for your family. ~such a good mom....