Sunday, March 7, 2010

Umstead Park...

Yesterday was such a beautiful day. We decided to take full advantage of it and go for a hike in Umstead Park. It felt so good to be outside and see the boys have so much fun. We even took a picnic.
Ethan found this rock about 1/4 of the way in and was so determined to carry it the whole way. We hiked about 3 miles and he carried it the whole way. I don't understand what it is with boys and their rocks & sticks, there must be something special that I can't see.
Landon rode in the backpack the whole way and loved it. He also found joy in playing with a stick. 100% Boy!
I just loved being out and enjoying the beautiful outdoors with my family.

1 comment:

Mandee said...

It looks like a really pretty area. I wish it was warmer here to get out and go play with the kids. The picture's are so cute. Love and miss you!