Wednesday, August 19, 2009

First Day of School...BITTER-SWEET!

I always find the first day of school to be bitter-sweet.  Bitter, because it means my boys are growing up and also because there is less time I get to spend with them.  Sweet, because my boys are so eager to learn & get so excited to start school.  

This year I sent 2 off to school.  It is so cute to see how much Braxton loves his brother.  It makes me proud to see him walk Ethan to class & pick him up when it is over.  He is looking out for his little brother.  It is also fun to see Ethan get so excited to go to school with Braxton.  He looks up to him so much & is so glad to be able to go to school with him.
Braxton has always loved school!  He is so excited for the new school year.  He glad to be a 2nd grader.  He is excited about making new friends & a new teacher.  
It has been so fun to see Ethan come home so excited about his day.  He comes home singing new songs and telling me what he learned.  He has loved making new friends and getting to know his teacher.  
So all in all, it was a little BITTER... letting go of another one of my boys and watching both of them grow up, but it is always SWEET to see them happy and excited about learning.

5 comments:

Kim H. said...

They are so cute. Where are Brax's glasses? Hope all goes well this year!

Harmony said...

It will be so fun to have them both going to the same school! Sending my guy off to the first grade was a lot more emotional than I thought it would be!

Mandee said...

What a good brother to help Ethan out. I miss seeing Braxton and Ethan. I'm so glad that they got to spend a little time with mom and dad. I'm glad that they both are excited for school Makayla starts on Monday and she can't wait. love and miss you all.

Amanda Goldsmith said...

How cute are they!!! I get all emotional imagining sending Samantha off to school. It must be hard. What a good big brother. Saw that you do Digital Scrapbooking! Soooo Cool. I have always wanted to learn!!! I think you should teach a class?!?!?!?

Christina said...

Holy cow, you have got heartbreakers on your hands! They are such handsome boys! I can't believe they are both going to school now!!!