Sunday, March 15, 2009

Luckiest Day of the Year?

Well the tales say that March 17th is the luckiest day of the year....
Last year for us it was!!!  

We had been struggling for about 2 months with the fact that our unborn son, for unknown reasons, had a hemmorhage in his brain.  It took up about 1/2 of the left side.  The Doctors told us to expect the worst.  They hadn't seen any cases like this.  They told us with the severity of the bleed, we should plan for him to be in a wheelchair or even death.  It was hard to imagine what life would bring....so we focused on the positive.

So when the day of March 17th came, I can't explain my emotions.  At 11:04 am Landon Ryan was born.  They took him directly to the NICU....a few minutes later they returned & said that he was doing great and would be transferred to the regular nursery.  The tears of joy started flowing and I knew at that moment everything would be okay.  Anything would be better than loosing him.

Now you know why we think March 17, 2008 was the LUCKIEST day of the year....Our MIRACLE was born.

Landon is the happiest kid I know.  He brings so much joy into our lives & I can't imagine life without him.  He has some complications, but I feel Lucky to have him.  

OUR LUCKY CHARM!
Happy Birthday Landon!  We Love You!

7 comments:

Harmony said...

Wow! Landon has a great birthday! I can't believe he is already one.

Mandee said...

He is to darn handsome! I hope that he has a special B-day! I love him to death. I will never forget his birthday.

Lori said...

I think you guys truly are LUCKY to have him!!! What a doll!!!

Kim H. said...

I didn't know that! What a blessing. I will e-mail you soon about getting together.

Suttlemyre Family said...

That is an amazing story. That is how I feel about our Noah. It was close to the same thing for him. He is so cute!!!!

Sheffers said...

Happy birthday and what a great blessing London is, your wonderful Julie.

Stacie said...

What an amazing story! He truely is precious!!