Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Family Traditions

Last night we had some friends over for family night & decorated gingerbread houses. The kids loved it. After we decorated the houses & endulged ourselves by eating way too much candy, we decided to pull out the wii. We had alot of fun & were glad The Christianson's could join us.




My family has baked & decorated gingerbread houses for many years. Evan and I have continued that traditions since we were married & we plan to continue it for many years to come.

6 comments:

Harmony said...

i love it! We attempted the home made gingerbread but even though it was really yummy, it wasn't strong enough to stay put. Maybe I should have baked it longer?? What's your secret?

We ended up decorating store bought one. Just as much fun for the kids, but not as tasty!

jenny said...

That house really got caught in a snow storm!! Cute, cute.

Can you email me your email so I can send you my address? Whew...did that make any sense? My email is my first name. last name @ gmail.

Thanks!

Beckey said...

Julie, I remember coming over to your house (I think it was the 1st year Troy & Amy were married) and doing gingerbread houses with you guys! We actually were going to do them tonight with our kids, I haven't bought the candy yet...maybe I'll have to vernture out and get it! They are so much fun to decorate!

Anonymous said...

I remember the Ginger Bread Houses too. That was always so fun. This year while decorating our house we found a bunch of stuff we bought one year after christmas that we were going to use for the next year's contest...I guess it never happened. I'll save it until the next time we are invited!!

Mandee said...

Hey boys Grandma loves those yummy looking houses you built.love you Grandma P.

Jamie said...

I am glad to see you are still decorating houses. Sometime I would really like to learn how to bake the gingerbread house.
Miss you guys.