Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Horrible Mom!

A few weeks ago our furniss was out for about a week, it was't too big of deal since it wasn't very cold, but we were worried that the little ones would get too cold at night. So, we purchased an oil heater to get by until the repair guys could fix it.

Today I had plugged it in to quickly warm my room. I set Landon clear on the other side of the room. (I figured he would be okay for a few minutes since he is not yet crawling). I walked in the other room for a couple of minutes. I heard a loud cry & started running. Landon had rolled all the way across the room & right into the oil heater. I feel like a horrible Mom. Needless to say, I don't think we will be using it again.

He burned his cheek & upper lip.




5 comments:

Kim H. said...

Poor thing...I did the same thing to G. when he was a baby, turned on the wrong burner on the stove and then put him right next to it. Moms are only human:)

Harmony said...

poor little guy! Don't beat yourself up about it. My baby sister ended up with 8 stitches as a 6-month-old with the same kind of thing! Babies pick the most awful times to learn new skills!

Jamie said...

That is sad, but it happens to us all unfortunately. Moms make silly choices. Just the other day I left Sydnee on the couch. She really isn't moving yet, but she managed to fall off on to her head.

Sheffers said...

Oh, I am sorry. He still is the cutest thing ever! I am glad that you can mess up at least once, it makes me feel better about myself.

Stacie said...

Don't worry, we all have times like these as moms! I know how you feel though! You are a great mom!